Thursday, June 4, 2009

Illicit

This film on illicit practices was very interesting. It is so sad to see how dominant these acts and trades are throughout the world. It is also so depressing to hear what a battle it is for officials to stop it, that they have no edge because of the sheer numbers that all this is happening at. It is amazing to think that somebody could mess with the cough syrup that my little sister could be consuming. That makes my skin crawl. Better yet, it makes me more concerned to think that may have already been a victim of illegal drug consumption. My family and I used to go to Mexico every year and go shopping. We buy sandals, hats, jewelry- all legal purchases, but we also stop at one of the pharmacy stores on our way out. My mother has purchased amoxicillin and pain killers. I myself had purchased some thinking I could get a lower price. The scary part of the whole deal is that toward the bottom of the bottle of pain pills I took, instead of working, they gave me massive headaches. It took me a few times to notice that they were having adverse affects. Of course I threw them in the trash and stop taking them, thinking I got a fake batch. After this video, it makes me sick to think what could very well have been in those pills. And also what could be in the ones my family takes. There is no question I will be headed home to talk with them about getting rid of those, and thinking about purchasing pills in the future along with bags, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment